1.04.2012

Stitch's Valentine's Day Window Displays


Hey guys.
I just thought I would share some photos of Stitch's new window displays.
First of all, let me explain that we are very limited with our display space largely because our store is mostly underground. This makes the window situation difficult (but not impossible!) because the window begins fairly high on the wall. You'll see what I mean.

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I decided to go with chalkboard hearts for the themed display. This works especially well for a store because I am able to write little notes to passersby (ie- we have a rack of dresses that are 50% off!)

I chose to use the lids of paper mache boxes for this project largely because they were the only thing at Hobby Lobby that was around the size I was looking for.

I poked holes in the lids to thread the fishing wire through, giving them a floating appearance from the street. It looks more visually appealing than ratty string.

I then spray painted them with chalkboard paint, and started writing and doodling.
This is how they turned out!
I was pretty happy with them. They are a little small, but that is okay with me because this way the focus is still on my lovely little dresses.




3 comments:

  1. so that's why you're always falling off of ladders when i call you. it looks so cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i feel like every time we talk while i'm at stitch i'm on/falling off of a ladder. also, why haven't we talked in over 24 hrs?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...