2.21.2012

hello spring. thank you.


I am looking at the forecast this week, and I'm loving it. A high of 70 tomorrow?! Please and thank you.

Sunshine always makes me feel sentimental and thankful. I'm not sure why, but it does. Today I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who gets out of bed to get me a glass of water when I'm feeling a little lazy. I'm thankful for friends like Shelby who send me pictures of cute dogs and babies when I'm feeling sick. I'm thankful for friends like Jennifer who don't mind receiving completely random texts from me about how much I don't understand the obsession with Lana del Rey, knowing that she will know exactly what I mean when I say she has Taylor Swift lyrics. I'm thankful that while this is a somewhat comical example, I have someone like her in my life who understands me so well that she can probably predict my every move. I'm thankful for friends like Tanja, with whom I can have 3 hr skype dates where we each laugh and cry more than once.  (Yes, all of these things happened in the last 24 hours)

I'm also thankful for my store and my wonderful, supportive family who encourages me to be a strong woman and take risks. Oh, and my puppies.

Okay, so sorry. I'm done being sentimental. I just love. That's all.

8 comments:

  1. "Today was a fairy tale, I wore a dress. And you wore a dark gray t-shirt." -- T. Swift

    Tell me, what about THOSE lyrics are stupid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Open up a beer, and you say, Get over here and play a video game" Lana del Rey.... this might actually be worse.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for putting me in my place about Lana Del Rey ;) You and jennifer make me laugh and I could sit and look at conversations between you two and they make me laugh is that stalkerish? whhoops.
    and yes I love skype dates where laughter, tears, animals meet and husbands flirt. BTW. you look like a model at the top of this. Like wow mam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha. that wasn't my intention... i just knew she'd know what i meant. lol. i actually think her voice itself is quite nice. let's skype again soon, k?

      Delete
    2. i hate how blogger doesn't let you know when someone replies to your comment. anyways I do see where your coming from in sense of lyrics but yes her voice is sweet to my ears. Ummm i actually cancelled plans on monday because I said I have a date. That date is you. So yeah. k lol

      Delete
  3. The comments about Lana's lyrics are so funny and true! and I think you may be a little too kind about her voice...but I must say, I would gladly take a couple of items from her wardrobe. And those flowery-headpiece thingys she wears :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. liz! you would be such a doll in those headwreaths.:)i hope you are enjoying your icelandic adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...