2.06.2013

Oh My Yum

Okay, so remember this post when I talked about how one of my goals for 2013 was to be better about menu planning and cooking? Well, I know it is just mid February, but I am rockin' this. I have found a home for myself in the kitchen, and (here's the kicker) most of the time I don't even hate it! Guys, this is some serious progress. You might be wondering how I went about widening my meal repertoire... well, as is probably the case for most of you, Pintrest has saved my butt. I have been going through my pin boards, trying 1-2 new recipes a week. I figured I could serve as kind of a buffer and share a few here that really taste as good as they look. So, here we go, my 1st recommendation: Roasted Strawberry, Brie, and Dark Chocolate Grilled Cheese, pinned from the blog, How Sweet it Is! I insist that you all go try it immediately.





My experience: Ty and I made it for brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, we tried it exactly the way the recipe recommends it. Sunday however, we put our own spin on it. I am totally one who prefers something sweet for breakfast. I like the savory, but it is the one time of day I need my sweet fix. After talking it over, we agreed that while it was delicious, the recipee might taste a wee bit better if it were slightly sweeter. Our solution? Instead of roasting the strawberries with salt, we roasted them with sugar. Ty also sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top for the perfect finishing touch. :)

So basically what I'm saying, is get off of the computer, and go make this deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...