1.11.2012

Behind the Scenes: Stitch Spring 2012 Photo Shoot.

First of all, how do you guys feel about the new look of the blog? I felt like maybe it was a little bit necessary, since the former header implied that this blog was solely about kaitlyn+ty+love. It is a little bit, but I'd like to write about other things as well.

Getting on with it....

One of my absolute favorite parts about owning a vintage clothing store is styling and planning for our photo shoots. My goal is to improve each time. Of course, we are just a small little store, but I really want to showcase the quality of our timeless apparel and accessories. Plus, it is one of the only times Ty and I get to work together on any kind of creative level, which is so great. I can't tell you guys enough how talented he is, so I will just have to show you!

I'm in love with making inspiration boards. I did it for the first time with this shoot, and now I see they are so beneficial. Even when you don't stick to it 100%, it's nice to have your thoughts outlined visually.

Here are a few of my favorite shots:
 (Note- Ty did this entire shoot using film. Also, to check out the shoot in full, go here)





Could Christen and Shelby be any more beautiful? I was totally blown away by them. As you can probably tell, I'm not extremely comfortable in front of the camera. I planned the shoot for 3 girls, but one of my models was under the weather and had to cancel at the last minute. Hopefully I didn't mess up the shoot too much.

Also, I thought it would be fun to share some shots that didn't quite make the shoot because, well... you'll see. :)





Clearly, we had lots of fun. Let us know what you think!


5 comments:

  1. Um, these are so lovely! And you did a great job, Kaitlin! I can't wait to see the shop someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know how i feel about these. and don't forget to send jakob all the pics he likes. they'll be published in the austrian mag as soon as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun! You all look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look of the blog and the photo shoot was so fab! i plan to come by tomorrow, i hope. so see you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out so well. I love seeing your store evolve and i LOVE that this was shot with film!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...