3.09.2012

I have been looking forward to tonight for weeks. It is NWA Fashion Week, and  I get to sit through hours of runway shows. What could be better? How about the fact that 100% of the proceeds for this amazing event are going to charity.

So naturally when one is going to a fashion event, there is one question that outshines all others: What am I going to wear?? I knew I wanted it to be vintage, both for purposes of representing my store and just because I tend to prefer that anyway, especially for dressy occasions. I also wanted something budget friendly. Last week I had kind of a light bulb moment. There is a dress I have owned since sophomore year of college at Oklahoma State University when my roommate and I would have vintage sales out of our house. The dress has always been ill-fitting and just not quite right, but I have kept it all these years, really feeling like it had some unreached potential. Well, with a few slight size and length alterations and few yards of tulle.... voila!

before

and after!

This is of course just a little peak. I'm sure I will have lots of pictures of tonight on the blog soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute dress! I'm so excited to see more of the fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!! it looks so cute!! i love it! i have got to learn how to sew!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...