3.16.2011

I am getting married in 2 days

Well, it's almost that time...

Ty's groomsmen surprised him last night when they arrived a day early from Tennessee. I'm so glad they all made it. We are just making a few last minute touches before the big day. Speaking of surprises... my wonderful friends (with a little help from Ty) threw me a surprise bachelorette party Sunday night. It was so much fun. We went to George's to watch this really great band play. The best part was probably getting serenaded on stage by the saxophone player :)

I wanted to share something really special that my mom did for me for my wedding with you all. My mom and I are very close... probably more like sisters. I love her dearly. Now, I have received a lot of really meaningful wedding gifts so far, including a handmade cedar bench that my uncle and cousin spent so much time on and my great grandma's pearls, but my mom's gift has been the most precious. I LOVE old lockets (well, I love most old things really). She found me this beautiful locket from the 1960s and put a picture of she and I when I was a baby on one side and a picture of Ty and I on the other. Here are a couple of pictures. They are hard to see, but you get the idea. She is the best.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!

    I'll be in Austin on Friday (boo) but I am so looking forward to seeing photos! Just don't pass out in your wedding dress this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooookay, now i'm really crying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...