4.01.2011

2 weeks ago today, i got married.

March 18, 2011 I married my best friend Ty.
(photos by rutheileenphotography)
The day of the wedding was so fun. We started bright and early at my bridal brunch at 9:30. It was hosted by some of my bridesmaids' mothers at the Shank house. It was so perfect and special to have it at a home where I spent such a large portion of my childhood. Places become meaningful based on the memories you have had there, and now I get to add kicking off my wedding day to the reasons why that home is so precious to me.



The rest of the day was kind of hectic. We decorated the reception venue and rushed home to gather up everything we needed. It was so nice having all my bridesmaids together at the church for so long that afternoon. It helped me stay calm. I remember a lot of laughter. Also, I loved that everyone pitched in to help everyone else get ready. Most details of my wedding were DIY/homemade, so it would have felt wrong to hire people for hair and make-up. Plus, now we have those memories... (there I go again).





Before the wedding I remember waiting with my dad alone in the church hallway. Words cannot describe the way we both felt... So happy, but also I think for him it was quite bittersweet. I didn't know if I would cry, but just as Moon River started to play and I stepped through those chapel doors to start walking down the aisle, I burst into tears. My future was before me, and he had never looked better.






The ceremony was perfect. We wrote our own vowes, and poor Ty got so choked up trying to get through his. He also played me two songs. The first was "All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar (you may remember it from Juno) and the second was a song he wrote for me. I was so surprised because while Ty is extremely talented, he NEVER writes his own songs. It was an incredible moment.




3 comments:

  1. Tanja Heffner after reading this = emotional.com
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmm WHAT TANJA SAID. i have tears rolling down my face. i loved EVERY word. and i appreciated the play by play because i was so curious about how your wedding day went down. just one question....i'm a little confused when you refer to ty as your "best friend"...huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I am so happy for you! I want to meet this husband of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...