2.10.2011

Who has never heard of snow ice cream?!


My wonderful friend, Jennifer often blogs about the miscommunications and general confusions that come from dating someone from another country. (Jennifer is an American living in Europe, and her boyfriend is Polish). These posts are highly hilarious, and I recommend you take a look at them immediately.


Ty and I have never really had these sorts of misunderstandings or cultural barriers, as we were raised (mostly) in the same town. Until today, the biggest shock he had ever given me was that he didn't (and still doesn't, might I add) know who Rhianna is. I mean, I'm pretty sure Jennifer's Polish boyfriend even knows who Rhianna is. Jennifer, am I right?! Well, we still have a LOT of snow here, so today I casually suggested we make snow ice cream. To my shock and utter horror, Ty had no idea what I was talking about. He had never tasted nor heard of it. That depressed me so much that we rushed to the store immediately.


Needless to say, he is hooked, and we are making more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. 1. i am laughing out loud about the rihanna thing.
    2. yes, piotr LOVES her and has every one of her albums on his iTunes (awesome or embarrassing?).
    3. i've never heard of snow ice cream either, silly.
    4. you are not having a bach. party - do not say that.
    5. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what snow ice cream is either. I blame it on living in Houston rather than Oklahoma these last few years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...