2.09.2010

i wear a coat of feelings and they are loud

i was a sensitive child. that is probably putting it mildly. if someone even looked at me the wrong way, i might just burst into tears. my mother likes to recount a story of just such an occasion, when she apparently told me to stop crying, and i replied by saying, "i can't help it! i've got big feelings." even though i was really little when it took place, it is probably one of the greatest truths i have ever uttered. days like these make me realize absolutely NOTHING has changed. in many ways, am still the five year old who cannot stop crying.

being a person with such "big feelings" also has it's merits i suppose, because whereas you are very likely to find me crying during a good book or movie, you are equally as likely (if not more so) to witness me in the middle of a spell of side-splitting laughter. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if at times my feeling a little down can consume me, when I feel joy, I feel it to the tips of my toes.

to refer back to my previous post, things are changing. so rapidly. many of the changes are some of the happiest i will make in my lifetime, but that being said, the little girl with big feelings seems to be having some trouble coping this week. ahhh tomorrow is another day. thank god for that.

1 comment:

  1. i somehow just saw this post. i love it. i miss laughing with you. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...