11.12.2011

who knew decorating for christmas could be so fun?

As it is our first married couple Christmas, we got pretty excited this year. We will be out of town on Thanksgiving visiting Ty's family, so we decided to put the tree up a little early. (Truthfully, I think we were both just so excited that we wanted it up asap.)


My mom's friend, Donna, was sweet enough to give us her pre-lit tree. I had know idea how much I loved that idea until I got to the part where I usually have to untangle all the lights.


No decorating party is complete without decorating music!





The puppies didn't know what to think, but we thought they looked pretty cute anyway.



Let there be light! (PS my husband is looking so cute.)


Who doesn't make their tree skirt out of an old curtain?



Here are just a few of my favorite ornaments**:








Isn't our tree lovely?

**1. The first ornament I ever gave Ty (last Christmas). 2. A handmade ornament from the year of my birth. 3-4. Recent additions that my mom got me from Pier 1 (seriously, they have the best ornaments.) 5. Every year since birth on Thanksgiving, I get a Precious Moments ornament. Yes, I have over 23 PMs on my tree... including the angel up top. 
6. This is a hand painted egg ornament I got in Salzburg when I went to Europe with my best friend, Jennifer. (Something I love to remember.)

1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to start decorating! Love seeing your favorite ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...