10.30.2011

Crepe Night

Hello everyone. I hope you are enjoying a weekend full of Halloween festivities. Last night Ty and I had a bit of a date. The cheap kind. (usually the best kind, in my opinion) You see, since I opened the store, Ty and I do not have one single day off together. His days off are Saturday and Wednesday, and mine are Sunday and Monday. It is really frustrating, but it has definitely made us see the value of quality time. Last night when I got off work we knew we wanted to do something together. After about 1000 suggestions and an hour of discussion, we ended up just going to Hastings, renting The Dark Knight, and coming home to watch it and make crepes. It was perfect.

Some of you may know that I'm not exactly Julia Child. I bake on occasion, but when it comes to real cooking, that is usually Ty's area of expertise. I have always been especially afraid to try and make crepes because I have heard they are difficult to get right. That being said, there is nothing I enjoy more than a nutella crepe. Nothing. When I lived in Stillwater, there was an amazing restaurant, which Jennifer and I frequented multiple times a week, called Crepe Myrtle. That is where I tried my first crepe. Then, when Jennifer and I went to Europe, I had and even better crepe experience (if that is possible).  When a little crepe place opened in the Rogers mall (which, btw, holds no candle to Crepe Myrtle or Italy) I was inspired to try and make my own... Otherwise I knew I'd be spending $3/night + gas to drive and get my daily nutella crepe. Anyway, last night I made crepes. It was not a complete failure. As you can see, they don't look very pretty (I'm thinking a crepe pan and that nifty smoothing tool would've been helpful), but they definitely tasted good. Well, at least as good as the mall, anyway.

Tonight we are going to Bite Night, the NWA Roller Derby bout. I am so excited to watch Leea and see roller derby for the first time! Maybe I will post on that later. Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...